Thursday, July 30, 2009

PREPARING TO SHOOT


We are about 2 weeks from Principal Photography for Outworld Entertainment's black comedy "The Frappinos." 

I am extremely excited! I haven't made a film in over a year, and I truly miss it. "The Frappinos" came to me for two reasons:

1) The great amount of fans from my early rendition of the characters (titled "The Frappachinos" back then) were demanding me to make a sequel or revamp the characters. 

2) With all the heavy pre-production going into our upcoming horror film "Dark Passages" I wanted to make something on a smaller scale that I can film in a week. 

Since early spring the company and I have been working on getting "The Frappinos" together. I have to say it wasn't an easy road. I had one casting issue after another.  After 3 months I lost the entire ORIGINAL cast of "THE FRAPPACHINOS" due to scheduling conflicts and the shitty economy. ( Let's face it, putting together a Indie/Guerilla style production isn't easy.) 

The casting problems brought me to some great new talent. And caused me to make some creative changes that I never thought about. In the end, I am extremely happy with what we have come up with in our rehearsal stage. The actors are comfortable with each other, their characters and the script. They are all looking forward to filming! 

Over the next two weeks I will finish up my shot list and all the other fun "work" aspects of film production with my Assistant Director, Meghan Haring. 

Until then check out "The Frappinos" myspace page:

No comments:

Post a Comment