Thursday, July 23, 2009

Outworld Entertainment


When I started OutWorld Entertainment 10 years ago, the world of cinema was changing drastically.  Independent films were starting to become important players in the industry. And, more and more of them were being made.
 
It was also becoming cheaper and easier to make a film with the release of current modern technology. HD didn’t play the role it does today back then. In fact HD was still something that was being worked on and was far from being affordable.
 
My first films were made on Hi-8 tape and eventually MiniDV. Editing software and computers were becoming very popular and affordable. My first editing system was a Pentium 2 (when that was a big deal) and had the latest version of Adobe Premiere.  I edited most of my projects on that system and exported everything on to VHS! Yes, everyone still had one of those and the general public was still just transferring over to DVD.  
 
A few years later I got an external DVD burner to attach to my system. I remember being extremely excited about the upgrade. I was able to make DVD copies of my films. Technology was moving really fast. Faster then most of us could keep up with. Even though we were capable of burning DVDs most players couldn’t read them! Now every computer has a DVD/CD burner. And every DVD player can read DVD+R and DVD-Rs.
 
My point is that OutWorld Entertainment started at the turning of the tide. We have come along way from our Hi-8 tapes and PC editing systems. We now shoot with professional HD cameras and edit on MAC PRO systems. “DARK PASSAGES” is the project of OWE’s future!

No comments:

Post a Comment