Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Dream Come True


It was about 1998/1999 when I first heard a LEAETHER STRIP song. It was STRAP ME DOWN and it was on a compilation from HOT TOPIC. That’s right, I said HOT TOPIC!  That’s when the store USE to be good and carried a lot of underground music. Now it’s become as commercialized as everything else these days.
 
Anyway, when I first heard that song I could not stop getting images of this really cool gothic/action/horror film out of my mind. The sound and the lyrics helped me create this wild story. Instantly, I knew I had to get my hands on more stuff from this band.
 
Well, living in Vernon, NJ doesn't let your hands get on things that aren't “mainstream.” It’s out in the country, hours away from any real Urban areas that support shops or music stores that carry more then what the radio was playing.  And, believe it or not, this was a time when iTUNES wasn’t even around!
 
So when ever I came across a LEAETHER STRIP album I grabbed it. Every time I listened I would get more and more images in my head. I wrote and did many art projects to LEAETHER STRIP songs, knowing one day that I would want to have him compose for one of my films.
 
Then one day Claus (LEAETHER STRIP) took down his website and disappeared from the music scene for a few years. At that time I thought my dreams of having him involved in one of my projects just went up in smoke.
 
You can imagine my excitement when I saw the return of LEAETHER STRIP back in 2005!  So when I was putting together the plans for DARK PASSAGES I knew It was the perfect project to get LEAETHER STRIP involved.
 
I couldn’t believe he said “YES” to the project! I was ecstatic to have one of my favorite musical artists doing the score to one of my films.
 
It’s been an absolute blast and honor to work with Claus. He has been extremely supportive from day one and has delivered some of his best work on this soundtrack.
 
I can’t wait for the world to hear it! LEAETHER STRIP fans are going to be pleased. The music is powerful, emotional and aggressive.  
 
ALFA MATRIX will be releasing the soundtrack in 2010! Not only will you be able to hear the musical composition but you will be able to get the awesome theme songs. It’s just an adrenaline rush to hear Claus’ voice sing lyrics that came straight from my script. It truly has been a dream come true.
 
Check out these links to read more!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment