Monday, August 31, 2009

Frappinos Wrap Up





"The Frappinos" my ongoing comedy feature film. This is the third time I tackled the characters from this series and I have to say THE BEST! 

I have had constant requests to re-visit Tony Frappino and his family ever since the premiere of the SECOND FRAPPINO film. ( Which was titled THE FRAPPACHINOS back then.) 

I decided to go back and RE-DO the story, yet again, while things for DARK PASSAGES were being  put together. 

So after securing the cast (after several major cast changes) we scheduled the shooting for 9 days. Which is not a lot for an 85 page script but I knew we could do it. (Besides it was only what we could afford!) 

For months the cast and I prepared by rehearsing. We worked on character, dialogue, interaction and scene. So by the time it came to filming we just went right into it. The only thing that took up the time was camera and light set ups. 

The cast was tremendous! They took everything we have worked on made it all happen. They came prepared and ready to rock. This made filming go incredibly fast. Every day we were done at least 2 hours ahead of schedule! 

The crew and I busted our asses to make sure we set up camera and lights as quickly as possible so we can just shoot and move on. 

We did so well we were able to have a day off in the middle of the week! We were also able to finish a day early. So our 9 day shooting schedule turned out to be 7 days. 

I was so pleased and excited about how everything was going, I just couldn't believe it. The cast and the crew were able to have fun and enjoy the whole process so much more since we weren't shooting at ungodly hours. 

This was the best shoot OutWorld Entertainment has ever done. The footage looks amazing and the cast/crew did a terrific job. This will be our best project to date. 

Now it's off to editing and the awesome post production process. I am excited about putting together the film and bringing it all to life in the editing room.  

I'll keep you updated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment